Friday, May 23, 2008

Job Heaven




I started at Stellar, an Australian call center last May 12th. The office is in the old Rustan's Superstore, beside Shopwise and Ali Mall. Most call centers make it a point to have really nice offices, and this is no exception. I really love it there kasi free ang parking para sa bike ko, tapos ang luwag luwag ng work environment (the production area occupies only a fourth of the building). Ang pinakamagandang "perk" is the fact that this a brand new firm, so there's no office politics as of yet. But the best thing about my job (besides being daytime with weekends off) is the nature of the job ... back end for a major Australian telecoms firm. Ibig sabihin NO customer contact since we process or "provision" orders. Ang tagal ko pinagisipan whether I should accept the job dahil mas mababa ang sweldo (dahil walang night diff). I said what the heck, change is inevitable so why not embrace it? Wish me luck, guys ... product training starts this week ... here's hoping na kaya ko yung job. Optimistic naman ako. Stay tuned for updates. :)

1 comment:

Chunkee said...

I'm equally optimistic about this new chapter in your career. Break a leg, Mr. QA! :-P